01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: Not Running Away 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Not Running Away

34
I used to be so excited about travel. I could read guide books and look at maps of places all day long and be entertained.  





But at some point I went from excitement to just trying to escape Ohio. It became less about actually "seeing" and "experiencing" the world and other cultures, and more about leaving the mundane behind.  Although I was still very much invested whenever I have traveled, but I'm referring to the moments in between trips, where you're binge-watching Netflix or driving to/from work.


Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to leave the mundane behind. But in my opinion, that shouldn't be your only reason for doing something or making a drastic change. You have to actually be willing to change your habits if you think you have a mundane life -changing location is only a temporary fix.  Like when I decided to become a redhead my junior year of high school. 



Obviously, Ohio is not what is going to make me happy in the long run, but I need to stop beating myself up for staying here longer than originally planned.  I want to be sure that the next place I move to is one that I can see myself happy in, long (or at least longer) term. Then I will know for sure that I'm truly traveling for the pure joy I get out of it. Not just running away. 




Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38