01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: My Pretentious Voice 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Pretentious Voice

34

I am of the belief that our favorite quotes, movies, televisions shows, and songs can say more about us than we ever could.  That might just be me, because in many cases I have a difficult time articulating my thought or point-of-view in normal conversation.

A couple of years ago, one of my friends asked me what is one unpopular or controversial opinion that I have.  I do have unpopular opinions that I won't get into now, but at the time I didn't really know what to say.  Or at least, how to say it.  So the following are some of my favorite quotes that are extremely thought provoking. *she says in her most pretentious voice*

SIDE NOTE: If I ever changed the name of my blog, it would definitely be the title of this post.

~

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.  Children already know that dragons exist.  Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed."  ~ G.K. Chesterson


"Where you are is who you are.  The further inside you the place moves, the more your identity is intertwined with it.  Never casual, the choice of place is the choice of something you crave." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun



"Not to live for the day, that would be materialistic -- but to treasure the day. I realize that most of us live on the skin -- on the surface -- without appreciating just how wonderful it is simply to be alive at all." ~ Audrey Hepburn


"Choice of attention - to pay attention to this and ignore that - is to the inner life what choice of action is to the outer.  In both cases, a man is responsible for his choice and must accept the consequences, whatever they might be." ~ W.H. Auden


"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others, crazy?" ~ Albert Einstein




"I tell you that everything is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying.  Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying." ~ Charles C. Finn





Images via, via, via, via, via, via

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38