01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: Holiday Cheer 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Holiday Cheer

34
My Christmas week started off with a bang.

I'm sure some of you might remember last week,  when I was debating on whether or not I should buy myself a new car.  What you don't know is that there was a lapse in time from when I wrote that and when I actually got around to posting it.  So actually, my mind was going back and forth about that a couple of weeks ago.  As I was posting it, though, I realized that for the most part, timing may never be perfect and that you just have to take a leap of faith.

So really, I posted that inner debate last Monday, and then a couple hours later I was at the Fiat dealer with my mom buying my own car!  It all happened quite fast.  That morning I went to Fiat and test drove the car and on my way home I realized that of all the cars I personify, it HAS to be a Fiat.  A 2015 Fiat 500 Pop, to be exact.  Her name is Pixie-Roma.


The next day, I had the immense pleasure of meeting up with a very good friend that I had not seen in a year and a half.  Way too much time apart, if you ask me.  But I just HAD to move to Italy and she just HAD to go to grad school in Texas, so yeah.  Anyway, we met up halfway between our hometowns and got lunch, but when we realized just how quick lunch went, we extended our meet-up to wandering around Walmart.  We would have chosen Target, but there wasn't one nearby, so we made do.  It was fun catching up and tentatively planning for me to visit her in Texas.  Do it while I can, right?  Even with the new car and insurance payments, I'm still relatively light on the bills side of things and can keep up on the saving side (THAT IS DIRECTED TOWARD YOU, MOM AND DAD).

Two days later, this thing called Christmas came and went.  I must say, after my lonely Christmas last year, I was DEFINITELY able to appreciate everything this year.  My parents always make our Christmas special, with the Christmas movies and board games on Christmas Eve.  My mom even planned a gift for my sister and I to each open early - UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATERS.  It was perfect.  Besides that, I would say that my favorite gift was the pillow they got me.  One of those expensive, memory foam type of pillows.  Those are probably my favorite gifts because they are things that my sister and I had been saying we wanted over the years, but they somehow never made it to our Christmas lists.  My parents just listened and remembered.  All of my gifts were clearly chosen with love and care, but I'm finally at the age where the presents don't really affect my perception of the holiday.  I was just like, "Oh, these are cool, thanks!" and then that was that.  My focus was more on spending time with my family and the food.  Because food.  IS THIS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE AN ADULT?  Bittersweet.

Anyway, Happy Holidays everyone!  Enjoy the New Year!

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38