01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: Making a Plan 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Making a Plan

34
A couple weeks ago, I suddenly became very motivated to get my life together.  That feeling has since passed, but I did manage to get some things done beforehand.  It was one of the most productive times in my personal life.  Here's hoping that occurs again soon.

The biggest thing that happened was budgeting.  Now, I didn't go super in-depth with this, but I gave myself some good spending/saving guidelines.  I even made my own monthly budget tracker sheets, all while watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix.  They're cute - green and gray.  So if anyone out there needs help making one of their own, I can help.


And by that I mean I can modify the colors and email it to you.  It took way too long to format - never doing that again.


Not only have I been budgeting, but for the past few months, I have been seriously thinking if it the right time for me to buy a new car.  There are a couple of cars that I have in mind, and my dad even went with me to test drive one, which turned into three.  Hey, a girl needs options and comparables.  I still need to test drive one or two more before I can decide on a make and model.  My biggest concern is the future, though.  Shocker, right?

I mean, what if I decide to move to a city that is more public transportation centered?  Or what if another opportunity to move abroad magically appears?  I'm sure my family is cringing at that last sentence, but still.  Thanks to my nifty budget, I have learned that I can, in fact, afford a car payment and insurance, all while saving money to move eventually.  But does that mean I should?  I genuinely want a new car, and I'm sometimes scared driving the one I have, but I'm attempting to make practical decisions now.  I hear that's all the rage in Adultland.


I am leaning more towards taking a leap of faith and getting a car.  Don't worry, I'll keep you posted.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38