01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: Over the Moon 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Over the Moon

34
They say that happiness is a choice.  I'm not sure I agree with that 100%.  I would say that happiness is based on your choices.  Never in my life have I been able to consciously choose my emotions, but I have always been able to choose my actions.


Now, I'm not saying that there is such a thing as a "right" or "wrong" choice.  What I mean is, are you making the best choice FOR YOU?  Or even just choosing not to care what others think?  It took me awhile to realize this, and by "awhile" I mean 22 years.   I am currently on the second week of my new job, and I realized how much of a difference it makes to be happy in the workplace.

For the past 4-ish months, I was not happy, right up until about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  Don't get me wrong, I was not depressed by any means and I don't want any reader to think that I'm looking for sympathy.  There were things throughout that time period that gave me brief moments of joy, but in general nothing really got me excited.  The only thing I could attribute to the change in me was my job.  I loved the people I worked with, but the job itself took its toll on my body and soul.  I did not make the decision to leave that job lightly.  In fact, I had been thinking about it in the back of my mind for a good month before I actually pulled the plug.  The biggest reason I left my job, though, is that I finally realized that the career path I was on was not one that I wanted.  I was on track to become a business owner by the ripe-old age of 23, and it's not that it scared me, it's just that it didn't sound appealing to me at all.

Now I am working for a custom-home builder in the model home, currently training as a sales associate.  This type of sales has a few key differences from my last job, but I won't get into that right now.  What really attracted me to this job, though, is how similar it feels to event planning, which is what I went to school for.  I've gotten away from event planning for so long, so it made sense to me to slowly move back in that direction.  Not to mention how it brings my love of HGTV to my real life, so there's that.

At this point, I could not honestly say what direction I'm headed in, because I have so many options.  If this job is everything it seems to be after only two weeks in, then I might stick around Ohio a tad longer than I originally intended to.  Am I beginning to loosen up?  Who knows.  The important thing is that I have finally learned to focus on doing what makes me happy and making the choices that will bring joy into my life.





Images via,via

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38