01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: If You Ain't Here to Party... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

If You Ain't Here to Party...

34
... you picked the wrong place.  You picked the wrong [Saturday] night.

Last weekend was the annual Country Concert in Fort Loramie, Ohio.  The music festival lasts for three days - always a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  I must say, it is one of my favorite weekends all year.  Some of my favorite country artists performed this time around, aka Luke Bryan , Lee Brice and Florida-Georgia Line.



I have been attending the past three summers, although last year I could only go for one day because I was stuck on the island.  This year was probably the best one so far, if only because all of the artists put on great shows and even if I didn't know every song I could still enjoy it.  

Obviously my favorite performer, by far, was Luke Bryan because he always puts on a great show.  Lee Brice performed right before Luke Bryan, and I am of the opinion that they should be dubbed "2 LBs", as in "Two Pounds" whenever they perform together.  They could form a hip-hip group and that can be their name.  I am a genius, obviously.



Florida-Georgia Line were a good time as well.  It legitimately felt like a party when they were on stage.  I was a bit disappointed with Miranda Lambert's performance, because she wasn't rocking out as much as I expected her to.  She was very chill with her guitar.


There were two standout performances that kind of surprised me: Chase Rice and Thomas Rhett.  Now, I've seen Thomas Rhett before but he didn't have a ton to work with back then.  Those two also have connections to Ohio which I am all for - go Buckeyes!  Chase Rice really knows how to perform and feeds off the crowd. They both had great energy.  I also really enjoyed Dustin Lynch and Cole Swindell.

Country Concert is always a good time, not because of the performers, but because of the people.  People-watching and they people you go with.  I can't wait to see what happens next year!







Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38