01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: Where Were You, Christmas? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Where Were You, Christmas?

34
So Christmas happened.  I don't normally get homesick, but yesterday definitely got to me.  Luckily, I had a friend with me to make the day a little easier to bear.  Our theme song was "Where Are You, Christmas?", obviously.  We tried to lessen our "depression" with a lot of food and a Harry Potter marathon - the way a non-family Christmas should be.

We were both lucky enough to be able to talk with our families.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that Santa had left some gifts in my stocking at home and to find that my dog got the most presents this year, the lucky duck.  Although, I'm still a little salty that my sister got my Reese Cup- it was painful to watch.  I can't feel too bad since I was able to see my family open some of their presents, because not everyone got that chance yesterday.  And I am pretty darn excited for the OSU face tattoos that Santa left me for next football season.
Not being with my family did make me a little sad, which in turn brought all the questions I have about my future to the surface.  Again.  Should I do whatever I can to stay in Italy for as long as I can?  Should I move back to the US when my job contract ends?  It's difficult to imagine not coming back to Italy once I go home to see my family, but that doesn't necessarily mean that coming back is the right choice.  Should I choose another place to go?  I do still have school loans to think about.  Plus, living as an American abroad comes with a whole other set of issues that I'm not sure I want to deal with for the foreseeable future.  These are the things that keep me up at night.  I THOUGHT LISTENING TO MY HEART WAS SUPPOSED TO BE EASY.  Although, it would be a lot easier to decide if I could have a guarantee that I would get to spend next Christmas with my family if I do decide to stay in Italy.

I hope that everyone had the best Christmas they could possibly have had yesterday!

There is another holiday coming up soon, and I am excited to say that I actually have plans with my friend.  I will fill you all in next year!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38