01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: A Cancer Thing 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Cancer Thing

34
I was born in the beginning of July.  Oh man, I am definitely, 100% a Cancer.  Every description I have ever read about the average Cancer personality type has matched up to me.  We Cancer’s are loyal, dependable, caring, and adaptable.  I think adaptable could be my middle name, unless I get stubborn and choose not to be.  We are also moody, oversensitive, and self-pitying.  I sure know how to throw one heck of a pity party.  But it’s a pretty exclusive guest list, so good luck scoring an invitation. 

The standard definition of a Cancer is basically one giant contradiction.  One day I am the most independent person and the next day I won’t do a single thing until I have someone else with me.  “Cancer is extremely loyal to those who appreciate and support them, they are the nurturer of the zodiac and will protect and cherish the person for a long time. One of the greatest things about Cancer is their ability to make others feel good about themselves and loved.”  Is this me?  I’m going to have to defer that information to someone else.  The next part of that statement, however, is me: “This is because instead of doing this for themselves, they project this onto other people.” 

When I was reading up on my astrological sign, there was one thing I found that stood out to me in particular: “Cancer needs to be needed”.  I hate when I get the feeling that no one needs me, like I’m useless to the world.  I am aware that that is not true, but it doesn’t stop those feelings from arising every now and then.  I feel the best when I can help someone, even if it’s just listening to their problems, which may sound strange since I have been known to have a selfish streak. 

I am proud to be a Cancer.  Also, my numerology number is 7, I was born the year of the Monkey, and my planet is the moon, and my stone is a pearl.  Just in case someone was wondering. 


What can I say – it’s a Cancer thing.

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38