01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: Four Thousand, Six Hundred, and Sixty Two Miles 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Four Thousand, Six Hundred, and Sixty Two Miles

34
That is the distance between Ohio and Italy.

There are times that I feel so disconnected from everyone I love and care about back in the United States.  Don’t get me wrong, I love being in Italy and the opportunities that living here offers.  But being so far replaced from everything that’s happening there means that I never really know how to feel about any of it.  My life is not directly affected, but the people I care about are still living their lives.  Time doesn’t stop in the United States just because I move to another country.  It is strange to go from seeing certain people often and then moving over four thousand miles away with a six hour time difference. 

I blame the fact I that “seem” to have a lot of free time on my hands, which is why I began crafting a weekly schedule for myself.  Although I don’t really choose to think of it as a schedule, more like an outline of how I should spend my time.   I like being flexible.  But there are plenty of projects/activities that I can, and probably should, be doing.

I have also been looking into trips that I can take… And also afford.  There is a long weekend coming up because of All Saints Day, which also happens to be Halloween weekend.  Unfortunately, Halloween is not as big of a deal here as it is in the States.  But at least it means that I have an opportunity to leave this tiny town, even if it’s only for a couple of days.  I’m going a bit stir crazy.  Christmas is the only other upcoming free time that I know of.  I won’t say any of my travel plans just yet, mostly because I have only done some preliminary research.  I’m getting quite good at vacation planning, though.  Unfortunately, there is no chance of me going back to Ohio for Christmas.  It is just not possible as student loans stand in my way.


The only other notable occurrence in my life right now is that lately I have been drinking English Breakfast Tea like it’s going out of style.  Scratch that – it’s not really even notable.  I’m just that bored.


Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38