01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: Visa Problems... And NOT the Credit Card Kind. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Visa Problems... And NOT the Credit Card Kind.

34
UPDATE: THIS POST WAS WRITTEN AWHILE AGO.  I AM ONLY POSTING IT IN THE CHANCE THAT IT COULD HELP SOMEONE ELSE WITH VISA ISSUES THEY MAT BE HAVING.  I HAVE SINCE RECEIVED MY VISA TO WORK IN ITALY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I actually publish this post, HOPEFULLY my problems with my visa application will be behind me.  But I need to write about it now. 

If someone were to ask me to describe the Italian Bureaucracy in one word I would immediately respond with "Frustrating".  I understand that there are many things that need to be taken into consideration when applying for a visa.  I even understand that the application process will include a lot of paperwork. 

But I just wish that there is a clear source of information available to me BEFORE I actually go to apply for it. 

When I went, I naively thought that I had all of my paperwork together and in order.  How wrong I was.  Some of my paperwork was wrong, some of it needed specific information from a third party, and apparently my bank statement just did not have enough money.  Now, if I had known about all of this beforehand, I could have easily taken care of it before making the trek to Detroit to actually apply.  And THEN, when I fax them the corrected paperwork I get no response for about two weeks - where they email met that I am missing a VITAL piece of the paperwork needed for the visa.  Now I have to scramble to get it together and email it to them.  But I'm freaking out because visa processing can take anywhere between one and three weeks to process.  I have just three weeks until my flight to Italy leaves.  And the Consulate has my passport. 

If I were to actually speak this to someone, I would probably have been holding my breath while saying it all. 

I think I am totally justified in my near constant panic attacks right now. 

I don't know what I'm going to do if all of this doesn't work out.  I have no backup plan.  Moving to Italy is all I've ever wanted.  Literally.  I've been in love with the country since the age of three.  I saw a map of the country and I was a goner.  I mean, the country is the shape of a boot - what three year old wouldn't love that? 

I also don't want to let the family down.  I made a commitment to be their au pair, and I would just feel horrible if I couldn't fulfill that commitment because of a lapse in paperwork.  The possibility of my visa  application getting denied...  It breaks my heart just thinking about it.  I have worked so hard for this.  All of my work from the start of high school has led to me eventually moving abroad.  I hate feeling this out of control.  I want to be able to breathe freely again.


What I'm Listening To:

~ (I Just) Died in Your Arms - Cutting Crew
~ Doing Fine (Without You) - Pixie Lott
~ I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick
~ I Hate Myself for Loving You - Joan Jett
~ I'm In - Keith Urban
~ On Your Porch - The Format
~ Dakota - Stereophonics
~ All Fired Up - The Saturdays

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38