01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: Tabitha Langley: College Graduate 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Tabitha Langley: College Graduate

34
Well I did it.  I graduated college.  It still does not feel real, though that might be due to the fact that I did not walk in the ceremony.  Why, you ask?  I work full time on an island, both of my parents work full time.  My mom works two jobs on Saturdays, and none of us are anywhere near my college campus. 

Excuse me, my alma mater campus.  Weird. 

I just did not feel that sitting in a robe for two hours to walk across the stage for less than a minute was worth all of us wasting gas, time, and money.  My family got to see me walk in my high school graduation ceremony.  Same thing.  Don't worry, I cleared my decision to not walk in the ceremony with my parents.  If they had truly cared about me walking in the ceremony, I would have.  I left the decision up to them, because I would never want to deprive them of pride for me.  As we speak (sorry, type), my mother is putting the finishing touches on a announcement for my hometown's newspaper about me graduating.  I don't really care about it, but it is important to her.  Honestly, I was kind of surprised that my parents did not mind my decision not to walk.  I am their first-born and not many people in my family have graduated college.  I think I'm one of the first five people or so - cousins and extended family included.  Oh well, too late now.

My official degree is a Bachelor of Science in Education for Tourism, Leisure and Event Planning.  I also have a minor in Italian.  Oh, and I graduated with honors.  Boom.

Now the question is: what will I do next?  I do have a job lined up (*knock on wood*), but it is only a year long commitment.  What then?  What about an actual career?  I've been in a constant state of transition lately.  What I really want is to feel settled somewhere.  Feel at home.  Don't get me wrong, I love going back to see my parents and my sister, but it doesn't really feel like home anymore.  I feel like a visitor. 

My life is in a holding pattern right now.  Stuck on an island, in temporary housing.  GET ME OUT OF HERE. 

*Three weeks left.  Three weeks left.  Three weeks left.*


What I'm Listening To:

~ Electra Heart - Marina and the Diamonds
~ I Don't Wanna Be In Love - Good Charlotte
~ Gentleman - The Saturdays
~ We Used to Be Friends - The Dandy Warhols
~ Better Now - Collective Soul
~ This City (Breathe Electric Remix) - Patrick Stump
~ Take It On the Run - REO Speedwagon
~ In the Misty Moonlight - Dean Martin
~ The One That Got Away - Jake Owen

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38