01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: Stranded On An Island 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Stranded On An Island

34
This summer, I am stranded on a tiny island. Well, not stranded "technically", but essentially.  You see, it costs monies to leave the island. Yeah, not worth it.  If I'm leaving this island, it better be for something good.  My job is with a hotel, which can be quite boring sometimes, but luckily the hotel is attached to a popular bar in town.  At least there is always someone walking through an willing to chat.  The downside is that this job is essentially the exact same as my previous job as a desk clerk on campus. And this time I don't even have homework to keep me busy when it's slow.  I do, however, have plenty of time to research Italy.  Such as flights, apartments, jobs, etc.  
My name is Tabitha, and I am obsessed with all things Italy.  And housewares, but that obsession is for another post.  
I've been toying around with many different possibilities for my future.  I even made a profile on an au pair website.  I'm all about options!  And besides, it could turn out to be a great experience and I love kids.  You never know where it could lead!  Obviously my dream job is as an event planner for a sports stadium, but it will definitely take some time to get there.  And in the meantime, I need to work on this "school loan" business.  Stupid loans.  Why does college have to cost so much??? 
Anyway, back to the island life.  So far, it seems like all I do is work and sleep.  I'm trying to work as much as I can this summer.  If my boss didn't force us all to take at least one day off a week I would probably work every day... Unless I actually have plans.  Rare, but it happens.  I have met some interesting people here, though.  A lot of the businesses have softball teams and thy play against each other in a sort of tournament every Monday.  Luckily, that also happens to be my day off so I can always go watch.  Thank god for live sports!!!  The players are not exactly professional softball players, but at least they're entertaining to watch! 
Ahhhh!  Only 33 days until my birthday!  Then maybe the island won't be as boring for me hahaha.  
Oh, and I found this little gem for everyone's enjoyment.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38